Felters is dedicated to using recyclable materials and manufacturing recyclable products. Environmental successes include:
- Felters products have been used in LEED certified buildings and offices.
- Our FirmaFlex® product has been used to manufacture lightweight cornice structural materials and is made from recyclable polyester fiber. Our dyed SAE wools are used as decorative alternatives to plastics in office furniture manufacture for sound absorption in large offices spaces.
- The majority of our manufacturing waste is recycled or reclaimed for use in industrial applications.
- Our Fiberloc® needle punched nonwoven felts are composed of more than 50% waste wool products.
- Many of our synthetic polyester products use regenerated or reclaimed fiber.